Friday 14 September 2012

Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

This post isn't about fashion and style. 
I was arranging my photos for the next post just now, but I started to draw randomly and totally forgot about the photos; 

The rough children style drawing I did in the middle of photoshop-ing.
I actually love the glasses. Available at SeekingWonderland.com 

When I finished drawing and started to think about what to do next, only I realised I was in the middle of photoshop-ing an hour ago. 

Suddenly the words of Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) came into my mind. 
So, as a geek, I wiki it for its symptoms. 


Examples of observed symptoms:

Life Period (Children)
- Failing to pay close attention to details or making careless mistakes when doing school-work or other activities  
- Trouble keeping attention focused during play or tasks
- Appearing not to listen when spoken to (often being accused of "daydreaming")
- Failing to follow instructions or finish tasks
- Avoiding tasks that require a high amount of mental effort and organization, such as school projects
- Frequently losing items required to facilitate tasks or activities, such as school supplies
- Excessive distractibility
- Forgetfulness
- Procrastination, inability to begin an activity

Life Period (Adults)
- Often making careless mistakes when having to work on uninteresting or difficult projects
- Often having difficulty keeping attention during work, or holding down a job for a significant amount of time
- Often having difficulty concentrating on conversations
- Having trouble finishing projects that have already been started Often having difficulty organizing for the completion of tasks
- Avoiding or delaying in starting projects that require a lot of thought
- Often misplacing or having difficulty finding things at home or at work
- Disorganized personal items (sometimes old and useless to the individual) causing excessive "clutter" (in the home, car, etc.)
- Often distracted by activity or noise
- Often having problems remembering appointments or obligations, or inconveniently changing plans on a regular basis

I think I have most of them and, the worse is, I think I am still in the children stage! 
Goodness. 

But I think, it's quite a normal disorder right? I think some of my friends have it (I think...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment